TEXAS CITY A house fire proved fatal after first responders were unable to revive a woman pulled from her burning home early Wednesday morning.

Susan M. Prevost, 80, likely died of smoke inhalation from the blaze that started inside her Texas City house, said John Florence, a spokesman for the Galveston County Medical Examiner s Office.

A worker at the nearby Eastman Chemical Company spotted the fire on the plant s security camera and called a city dispatcher. Firefighters arrived in the 300 block of First Street North soon after 3 a.m. to find the blaze engulfing the roof, Texas City fire Chief Joseph Gorman said.

Click here to read more at the Galveston County Daily News.

Read or Share this story: