HBO's True Detective and two original Netflix series, Orange is the New Black and House of Cards, are in the mix as Emmy nominations were revealed early Thursday in Los Angeles.
Detective and Cards will compete against HBO's Game of Thrones, PBS's Downton Abbey, AMC's Mad Men and the final season of AMC's Breaking Bad in the drama category.
And Orange, submitted as a comedy, will face ABC's four-time winner Modern Family, CBS's The Big Bang Theory, FX's Louie and HBO's Veep and new Silicon Valley.
Thrones earned 19 nominations, the most of any series, followed by two FX miniseries: Fargo, with 18, and American Horror Story: Coven, with 17.
The 66th annual Primetime Emmys will be awarded Monday, Aug. 25 at 8 ET/5 PT on NBC, with Seth Meyers hosting.
(AP) -- A look at this year's Emmy contenders with the most nominations:
- HBO's Game Of Thrones, 19 nominations
- FX's Fargo, 18 nominations.
- FX's American Horror Story: Coven, 17 nominations.
- AMC's Breaking Bad, 16 nominations.
- HBO's The Normal Heart, 16 nominations.
- NBC's Saturday Night Live, 14 nominations.
- Netflix's House of Cards, 13 nominations.
- Fox's Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, 12 nominations.
- PBS' Downton Abbey, 12 nominations.
- Netflix's Orange Is the New Black, 12 nominations.
- PBS' Sherlock: His Last Vow, 12 nominations.
- HBO's True Detective, 12 nominations.
- HBO, 99 nominations.
- CBS, 47 nominations.
- NBC, 46 nominations.
- FX, 45 nominations.
- ABC, 37 nominations.
- PBS, 34 nominations.
- Netflix, 31 nominations.
- AMC, 26 nominations.
- Showtime, 24 nominations.
- Comedy Central, 21 nominations.