FORT WORTH -- Another Fort Worth property owner is accusing the City of knocking down his home by mistake.
In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Tarrant County District Court, Jorge Rodriguez alleges that the city knocked down a home he owned on Bessie Street in June 2013.
The suit states Rodriguez had received a demolition letter from the city earlier in the year, but it wasn't legible.
When he asked city staff about the letter, he was told, the letter he had received was sent in error and that the address was not going to be demolished, according to the suit.
Rodriguez arrived at the property in late June, and found the house gone -- along with close to $5,000 worth of materials that were stored inside to renovate the 1,000 square foot wood frame house that was built in 1920.
We were planning to remodel, said his son Isaac Rodriguez. We even had materials inside the house for it.
The lawsuit is asking for close to $35,000 overall.
The City of Fort Worth said it couldn't comment because the matter is pending litigation.
Tim Brown, a Dallas attorney who is representing Rodriguez, wouldn't comment beyond what was filed in the suit.
Last year, at least two other cases became public when homeowners said the city accidentally knocked down homes on their properties, too.