MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas A 3-year-old girl is in critical condition after suffering severe burns from an outdoor burn pile Saturday afternoon in Pinehurst, fire officials said.
According to the Montgomery County Fire Marshal's Office, the child was standing near the fire just outside her home on Cheryl Street. She suffered burns to 75 percent of her body.
The child was transported to the Burn Center at the University of Texas-Medical Branch in Galveston, fire officials said.
She was initially taken to the Tomball Regional Medical Center by her parents before being air lifted to Galveston.
Fire officials saidold gasoline was disposed of on the fire shortly before the accident, but the investigation is ongoing at this time.