SAN ANTONIO -- Two dogs were killed overnight after firefighters say their owner fell asleep with a lit cigarette.
San Antonio firefighters found a woman in her 40s passed out from smoke inhalation inside her home in the 600 block of Rigsby Road.
Firefighters said the woman later admitted that she had been drinking and fell asleep with a cigarette in her hand, which sparked a fire.
The woman was pulled to safety but her house was completely destroyed.
Firefighters said her two dogs were killed in the fire.