LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON A little boy who was trying to warm his clothes up on the stove before putting them on started a fire in his family s home Monday morning.

It happened in the 3400 block of Sayers at Collingsworth shortly before 8 a.m.

The 6-year-old had watched his mom heat up his clothing before, but this morning when she was in the bathroom, he decided to do it himself.

When the clothes caught fire, the frightened child threw them in the kitchen pantry.

The mother managed to use a garden hose to extinguish the flames before the entire house was damaged.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/22/11996842/