LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ODESSA, Texas A dog is being hailed a hero after saving a blind man from a house fire.

Authorities said a towel was accidentally left on the stove in Charles Kennedy s home. He doesn t have a smoke alarm, but his dog Jack was able to wake him up by licking his face.

Kennedy quickly called 911 and hid in the closet. Two police officers came and pulled him out to safety.

I fell out of the bench on the ground then my dog jumped over the fence and he came over and laid down across my legs, said Kennedy.

The dog never left his side even as he was put on a stretcher to be taken to the hospital.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/texas/2014/07/25/12496830/