Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON - Houston firefighters believe old wiring may have caused an electrical short that sparked a fire at northwest Houston home.

It was reported just before 10 p.m. Tuesday on Maxroy Street near Ferguson Way.

According to the Houston Police Department, firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the back of a home. They made a fast attack and put out the fire in about 15 minutes, HFD said.

Two women in the home made a safe escape, and no firefighters were injured.

Arson investigators said they will continue to look into the cause of the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/25/12447812/