HOUSTON -- A stove was again the focus Friday in the trial of Jessica Tata, the daycare owner charged with murder.
She s accused of leaving the stove on and leaving the kids alone while she went shopping. Four children died in the fire.
For the first time video was shown that was taken inside the daycare. The video shows soot-covered walls, a bedroom with cribs and a heavily damaged kitchen stove where investigators say the fire started.
An electrical engineer told jurors the fire was not caused by any malfunction, just a pan of oil left cooking.
To prove his point the prosecutors showed this time-lapse demonstration done by investigators.
Tata s attorney suggested there could have been a wiring malfunction.