Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON - A homeowner says he believes his space heater shorted out and set fire to his home in northwest Houston late Thursday.

The Houston Fire Department was called to E. Witcher Lane near Nordling Road around 11:15 p.m. Firefighters made a fast attack to get the fire under control.

The homeowner and his pets made it out safely.

He told HFD he was asleep when he woke up to a crackling sound in his bedroom. He saw the fire and ran out.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12358684/