LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON -- University of Houston residing at the Calhoun Lofts were settling in for the night after being evacuated for hours Tuesday evening.

According to school officials, someone left a cardboard box on top of a stove which sparked a fire on the third floor.

The alarm went off and students cleared out the building.

Firefighters knocked out a window for ventilation.

There was smoke and water damage but no one was hurt.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/23/12091642/