CONROE -- Nearly a dozen people managed to escape a mobile home that caught fire early New Year's Eve morning.
It happened just after 3 a.m. on Gladiola Avenue in Conroe.
Marisa Bolanos said her mother woke up first and scrambled to get everyone out.
I called 911, recalled Bolanos. When I heard something pop, I just looked at the phone and it had no line. So, I just threw the phone and started screaming help.
There were five adults, a teenager and five children under the age of five staying at the home through the holidays.
Olivia Franco heard those cries for help. She lives across the street and noticed flames shooting into the sky.
She said the fire was too high and already reaching the ceiling, said Franco's granddaughter Jasmine Gutierrez who translated our interview.
All of the adults and children made it out safely.
Franco had escaped a fire once, and knew that warm clothes and shoes would be what everyone needed first.
They were sleeping and they didn't have shoes on and it was cold outside, said Gutierrez.
Two trucks parked behind the house burned along with all of the gifts opened last week.
I have a little niece and she's asking for all her presents for Christmas, said Bolanos.
Conroe fire officials believe the blaze was accidental and started in a back bedroom.