LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON - The House of Pies on Kirby that was damaged in a fire earlier this month will not reopen in time for Thanksgiving, a restaurant manager tells KHOU 11 News.

Shortly after the Nov. 6 fire, owners said crews would work around the clock to make repairs in time for the Thanksgiving pie rush, but a manager said Thursday that repairs would take another two to four weeks.

Investigators said the fire was sparked by an electrical issue. The blaze left significant damage to the building s roof and an exterior wall, but no injuries were reported.

House of Pies opened in 1967, and due to the damage, this will be the longest the restaurant has ever been closed. The owners said they are using the fire as an excuse to give the place a facelift, and when the restaurant reopens, patrons can expect an updated look.

The popular 24-hour restaurant has a second location on Westheimer west of the Galleria that remains open.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12254460/