LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON The Houston Fire Department Arson Bureau has determined the Nov. 6 fire at the House of Pies Restaurant on Kirby Drive was an accident.

The restaurant, a popular late-night eatery for decades, caught fire shortly before 11 p.m. The Houston Fire Department said it took about 30 minutes to put out the one-alarm blaze.

Investigators said the fire was sparked by an electrical issue. The blaze left significant damage to the building s roof.

No injuries were reported.

Construction crews were working around the clock to get the House of Pies restaurant back open in time for the holidays.

Related:

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12241818/