HOUSTON A southwest Houston family safely escaped a fire that quickly spread through their home late Monday, according to the Houston Fire Department.

HFD arrived to find heavy flames shooting from the second story of a home on Towerview at Willmore around 11:30 p.m.

The fire had already made its way into the attic, but firefighters made a fast attack and managed to knock it out.

A mother, her adult son and several teens were in the home when the fire started.

Investigators said the fire, which started in an upstairs bedroom, started because of an electrical problem.

Read or Share this story: