Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON - Houston firefighters were called to an apartment complex on W. 18th Street early Wednesday after a renter's kitchen caught fire.

The Houston Fire Department was called to 18th at Greengrass Drive around 5:35 a.m.

HFD said they made a fast attack and limited the blaze to a kitchen area within one unit. The rest of the apartment suffered smoke damage, and an apartment on the first floor suffered water damage.

The woman who lives at the home was not hurt. She told investigators she accidentally left food on a stove overnight, leading to the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/25/12413818/