Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON -- A man made a safe escape as a fire burned his Sunnyside home late Tuesday, firefighters said.

It was reported on Cathedral Drive in the southside of Houston around 9 p.m.

The homeowner said went to the store, and when he returned he found a fire in the same room where he left a space heater on.

Firefighters managed to quickly put out the blaze, but the home was heavily damaged.

No injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12364292/