Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON A resident in south Houston told firefighters late Wednesday he accidentally knocked over his space heater, causing a house fire.

The Houston Fire Department said firefighters were called to a home on Scott Street at Mainer around 10:30 p.m. They found fire and smoke coming from a back bedroom but were able to quickly get it under control.

HFD said one person was home at the time, and he stated he left his space heater on, and it must have been knocked over.

No injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/22/11874214/