HARRIS COUNTY, Texas -- A family was devastated after returning home early Thursday to find a massive fire had destroyed everything they owned.
It happened on Saddle Creek at Sandy Cliffs in northwest Harris County.
No one was home at the time of the blaze, but a neighbor who saw the flames didn t knowthat,and he rushed into action.
Fearing the family may be trapped inside, he tried to force his way in.
I tried to kick the front door in, said Jacob Upchurch. The deadbolt was too strong, so I ran around to the back door -- kicked the back door. Tried to bust a window out but the kitchen was -- it was just too much smoke -- too much fire.
Luckily, no one was hurt in the fire.
Hours later, firefighters were still trying to figure out what sparked the blaze. They said a candle may have been left burning while the family was out.