Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON Investigators with the Houston Fire Department said a small apartment fire on Harwin near Boone was caused by food left on a stove.

The fire broke out around 9 a.m. Monday, according to HFD.

Firefighters found a first floor apartment unit with flames and smoke inside. They made a quick attack and were able to control it before it spread to other units.

HFD said the fire started in the kitchen, burning several appliances. A resident was accused of leaving food on the stove before leaving the apartment.

No injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/23/12022370/