Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON - An early morning apartment fire may have been caused by a lit cigarette butt, the Houston Fire Department said Friday.

The fire was reported on Richmond near Woodchase around 1:45 a.m.

The first firefighters on the scene found flames shooting from a second floor balcony. They managed to put the fire out before it spread to nearby units.

According to HFD, the fire looked to be accidental. Investigators believe a lit cigarette fell from a third floor balcony to the second floor, causing the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/22/11915672/