LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas Firefighters said an apartment resident left cooking food unattended, causing a small kitchen fire late Tuesday.

It was reported around 10:45 p.m. on Foxbrick at FM 1960 East, according to the Northeast Fire Department.

Firefighters found smoking coming from a second floor apartment unit and made a fast attack to get the fire out quickly. It was contained to the kitchen area.

Investigators said the fire was accidental.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/21/11842896/