Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON - A cigarette carelessly left on a bed set fire to a hotel along the North Freeway early Tuesday, firefighters said.

The Houston Fire Department was called to the Texan Inn & Suites south of Crosstimbers. They said they found a man trying to put out a fire in his room by himself.

The fire was put out before it spread to other rooms.

He told investigators he had been smoking. He thought his cigarette was out when he put it on the bed and hopped in the shower. That s when the fire broke out.

No injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12404154/