Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON A discarded cigarette sparked a fire at an apartment in the Clear Lake area Wednesday night, according to Houston firefighters.

HFD arrived to find fire on a second floor balcony at a complex on Bay Area Blvd at Seakale around 11 p.m. They made a fast attack and put the flames out quickly before it could spread to the inside.

Fire officials said a renter threw a cigarette butt out and it fell into the corner of a balcony, catching the wood on fire. No one was injured.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12334786/