LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HARRIS COUNTY -- A family is now spending this cold Tuesday evening out of their home after a fast moving fire destroyed their place.

Huge flames and smoke billowed from the roof of the house on Wild Willow Lane in northwest Harris County.

The owners were able to get out safely, but a neighbor was treated for smoke inhalation after firefighters said she ran inside to help.

When we first arrived, our first units on scene, the fire was threw the roof of the garage, at that point your life is worth more than whatever is in that house, said Cy-Fair Fire Dept. Volunteer Robert Rasa.

Investigators don't think the fire was weather related. They say it started in the garage.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/24/12332034/