Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON Students at a middle school in spring were getting the day off Wednesday after a fire broke out in their cafeteria overnight, according to school officials.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of Claughton Middle School, located on Spears at Walters, around 1 a.m. An industrial size pack of hot dog buns were near a heating bin, which sparked a fire, burning the bread and the appliance.

The Little York Fire Department managed to contain the fire to only the kitchen area, but the entire school filled with smoke.

The Harris County Fire Marshal is investigating the fire, which appears to be accidental, at this time.

The school will be closed on Thursday, Oct. 24 and Friday, Oct. 25 so the building can be thoroughly cleaned.

Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/23/12191086/