LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HOUSTON Many people were trapped in elevators Monday after a fire broke out in a downtown Houston building, according to the Houston Fire Department.

The fire broke out on the 32nd floor of the El Paso Corporation building in the 1000 block of Louisiana around 10 a.m.

Firefighters arrived on the scene within minutes and quickly extinguished the blaze that was sparked by an electrical panel in an elevator mechanical room.

The panel controlled all of the building s regular elevators and many got stuck.

No injuries were reported.
Read or Share this story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/22/11850460/