HOUSTON –– For 24 years, KHOU 11 has encouraged the greater Houston area to give blood with its annual drive benefiting the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center. From August 25 through Labor Day, September 1, donations will be accepted at all neighborhood donor centers as well as mobile sites throughout the area to help support Houston's blood supply during the Labor Day holiday.
This year, the message is easy – you have the power to save lives and ensure your friends, family and neighbors don't miss out on life's biggest moments. The 2013 KHOU 11 Blood Drive brought in 1,586 donations, which was enough to save more than 4,000 lives.
Each person who donates, or attempts to donate, and credits the "KHOU 11 Blood Drive" will receive a commemorative T-shirt and a coupon for a free pint of Blue Bell ice cream - while supplies last.
Donations can be made at local neighborhood donor centers or the additional locations below. Visit www.giveblood.org for a full list of donor centers in your neighborhood.
Aug. 25 through Sept. 1
Friday, Aug. 29
- Almeda Mall – Donor Coach near Palais Royal (1 to 7 p.m.)
- Greenspoint Mall – Community room by food court (1 to 7 p.m.)
- Northwest Mall – Community room across from Visible Changes (1 to 7 p.m.)
- Outlets at Conroe – Room 158 next to Pac Sun (1 to 7 p.m.)
- Sears Texas City – Donor Coach in parking lot (1 to 7 p.m.)
- Willowbrook Mall – Donor Coach by entrance 3 and Los Cucos (1 to 7 p.m.)
- The Woodlands Mall – Donor Coach by Dillard's (1 to 7 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 30
- Brazos Mall – Donor Coach by food court (1 to 7 p.m.)
- First Colony Mall – Donor Coach outside food court (1 to 7 p.m.)
- Katy Mills – Donor Coach outside entrance #6 (1 to 7 p.m.)
- Memorial City – Donor coach outside food court (1 to 7 p.m.)
- West Oaks Mall – Donor Coach by Toby Keith's (1 to 7 p.m.)