Whether you’re going to Super Bowl LIVE, NFL Experience or any event downtown, Houston officials are urging people to “Know Before You Go.”
Road closures start January 26th and reopen February 6th.
- Polk (Between Austin and LaBranch)
- Dallas (Between Austin and LaBranch)
- LaBranch (Between Walker and Bell)
Surrounding Discovery Green.
- Avenida de las Americas
- McKinney Street
- Lamar Street
- Drivers are encouraged to park on the West side of downtown Houston and shuttle or walk to Avenidas Houston and Super Bowl LIVE. Street closures may impact your commute on the east side of town.
- From the West: I-10 East to Smith Street
- From the East: 1-10 West to Providence Street exit to Fannin or I-45 North to Scott Street/St. Joseph’s Parkway
- From the South: I-69 North to West Gray Street or 59 527 Spur to Louisiana (thru Midtown)
- From the North: I-69 South to Jackson
METRO will provide additional trains and busses with extended hours of operation.
Extended Rail Hours from 4:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. on the dates below:
Saturday, Jan. 28
Sunday, Jan. 29
Monday, Jan. 30
Tuesday, Jan. 31
Wednesday, Feb. 1
Thursday, Feb. 2
Friday, Feb. 3
Saturday, Feb. 4
Sunday, Feb. 5
*First train varies by each rail line, specifically
METRORail: $1.25 one way
METROBus: $1.25 one way
All Day Fare Rail/Bus: $3.00
METRO Q Mobile Ticketing: Purchase your full-fare METRO bus and light-rail tickets 24/7 from your smartphone.
Special Event Circulators:
The GreenLINK circulators: Green route, Orange route and Silver route are free circulators in downtown Houston that will transport guests from the parking lots on the west side of downtown to the entrance to Super Bowl LIVE in and around Discovery Green. The shuttles are the preferred method to get to and from your parking spot, favorite restaurant, or show.
METRO will have special connectors from the Galleria to downtown for a fare of $2 each way.
- GreenLink: Jan. 28 to Feb. 5
- OrangeLink: Jan. 28 to Feb. 5
- SilverLink: Jan. 28 to Feb. 5
- Midtown Circulator: Jan. 28 to Feb. 5
- Galleria Connector: Feb. 1 to Feb. 5
For more on shuttle hours click here.
Downtown Event Parking:
Meters: There are three different ways to pay at the pay station.
- Pay-by-plate: Enter your license plate number to pay
- Pay-by-phone: Download the app (PayByPhone)
- Pay and display: Pay meter and display the receipt on your dashboard
Pre-Paid Parking App: Guests may pre-purchase their parking spot for any event downtown at a guaranteed rate through the Host Committee app and website. The parking pass can be printed or scanned through the app. The app provides turn by turn directions to the lots.
(© 2016 KHOU)