Ousted Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has reached an agreement to settle his protracted legal battle with the NBA, Sterling’s lawyer confirmed to USA TODAY Sports on Friday.
Sterling filed lawsuits in federal and California state courts over the forced sale of the Clippers after he was caught on tape making racially insensitive comments. The NBA also banned Sterling for life and fined Sterling $2.5 million in April 2014, weeks after the audio surfaced.
“The dispute between Donald Sterling and the NBA has been resolved,” Bobby Samini, Sterling’s lawyer, told USA TODAY Sports in an email. “Donald is pleased with the outcome and wishes the best for the league and the Clippers.
Samini said he couldn’t release the terms of the settlement.
The Los Angeles Times was the first news outlet to report a deal had been reached.
The Clippers were purchased for $2 billion by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in 2014 despite multiple legal maneuvers undertaken by Sterling.
Sterling’s antitrust lawsuit against the NBA, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and his now-ex wife, Rochelle, was dismissed by a U.S. District Court judge in March.