Clemens prepares for 2nd start with Skeeters

Clemens prepares for 2nd start with Skeeters

Credit: CBS News

Former MLB player Roger Clemens smiles during an appearance on CBS This Morning

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on September 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

SUGAR LAND, Texas -- Roger Clemens still insists he has no plans to pitch for the Houston Astros this season.

The 50-year-old Clemens is preparing for his second start with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League on Friday. He will pitch to his oldest son, Koby, when he starts against the Long Island Ducks.

The pair met with reporters Thursday, and the seven-time Cy Young Award winner again was questioned about the possibility of a return to the majors this season.

Clemens says he doesn’t think he could make an impact for the last-place Astros this year, adding that his mind says yes but his body says no.

The Rocket tossed 3 1-3 scoreless innings in his first start for the Skeeters last month. He last pitched in the majors for the New York Yankees in 2007.

Print
Email
|