Arian Foster says he’s been cleared by doctors

Arian Foster says he’s been cleared by doctors

Credit: USA Today Images

Arian Foster says he’s been cleared by doctors

Print
Email
|

by Daniel Gotera / KHOU 11 Sports

khou.com

Posted on March 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM

HOUSTON – After being off Twitter over a year, Houston Texans running back Arian Foster returned to the social media site on Saturday and made a big announcement. 


Foster had season ending back surgery in November and dealt with numerous injuries during the Texans forgettable 2013 campaign.

Last month at the NFL Combine, head coach Bill O’Brien was asked about Foster’s status, and he was confident the Pro Bowl running back making a good recovery.

“I’ve had meetings with the medical staff on all of our players,” O’Brien said. “I believe he’s doing well, he’s progressing very well.”

What Foster didn’t make clear in his tweet is if being cleared by doctors meant that he can resume football activities or simply begin light work-outs.

Foster had been off Twitter since March 14 of 2013. In addition to his medical announcement he wished former Texans running back Ben Tate luck. Tate signed with the Cleveland Browns.

Print
Email
|