Paul McCartney treated in hospital for virus

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on May 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Updated Thursday, May 22 at 5:07 PM

LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney's spokesman says the former Beatle is on the mend after being treated in a Tokyo hospital for a virus.

Thursday's statement from publicist Stuart Bell says McCartney "will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days' rest."

The 71-year-old McCartney has postponed planned shows in Tokyo and Seoul since falling ill last week. His "Out There" world tour is scheduled to resume next month in the United States.

Bell said: "Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world."

Print
Email
|