Man lets dogs die, saves drugs from burning house

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. -- A Florida man making butane hash oil (BHO) started a large fire in his own house when the flammable chemical reaction exploded.

Pasco County Sheriff's Office reported that Steven Brown, 24, and "other accomplices" were manufacturing BHO, also called marijuana wax. Following the explosion, the house caught fire. 

Instead of rescuing two caged dogs during the blaze, Brown allegedly grabbed the drugs within the property, PCSO said. Both dogs were discovered dead in the gutted residence. A 1-year-old infant was also in the house during the beginning of the fire. The child was taken away from the house and not harmed.

%INLINE%

BHO is a potent concentrated form of marijuana that is used for the purpose of "dabbing," according to Complex. Making BHO requires marijuana to be combined with highly flammable butane to extract THC from the plant material. What is left behind is a substance that resembles ear wax.

Deputies tried to arrest Brown on multiple warrants related to this incident later during a traffic stop on September 9. He was able to elude authorities and is currently at large.

He has 12 active warrants for his arrest including possession of a place for purposes of manufacturing a controlled substance, first degree arson, felony possession of a firearm, cocaine possession, suboxone possession, oxycodone possession, tampering with physical evidence, marijuana manufacturing, marijuana possession, aggravated cruelty to animals and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Here is a shot of the house of what it looked like before the fire.

(© 2016 WTSP)


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment