Firefighters use jaws of life to rescue boy locked inside safe

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on July 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Updated Friday, Jul 11 at 9:09 PM

BEAUMONT, Texas -- A 4-year-old child is out of harm's way Friday night after being locked inside a safe at a business in Beaumont.

Firefighters said the child was playing in a storeroom Friday afternoon at La Morenita Meat Market and accidentally locked himself inside the safe.

Firefighters used a special saw to cut the hinges off the door, and then used the jaws of life to pry it open.

It took about 30 minutes to rescue the boy. He was not hurt.

Print
Email
|