Cancer patient loses home in fire; power company apologizes for crew’s mistake

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on May 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM

HOUSTON – A Texas man battling cancer suddenly found himself in the middle of another big fight.

Pete Carson was being treated at MD Anderson in Houston, and had just been told his chemotherapy was no longer working.

Then he received another call – it was more bad news – his Burleson County home was on fire.

An investigation by the CBS station in Dallas found crews with Oncor Electric Company were to blame.

The investigation revealed they were replacing a utility pole behind the home and incorrectly reconnected the power sparking the fire.

The Carsons said the company offered an apology, but nothing else.

After being contacted by the CBS affiliate, Oncor said it’s still investigating the incident, and they will work with the family to make sure their fairly compensated.

Print
Email
|