LEWISVILLE, Texas — The man who was critically injured in Friday's natural gas explosion in Lewisville died Sunday night.
The president of Christian Community Action said 55-year-old Scott Dehl passed away with his family by his side.
He was inside his duplex when it exploded, hours after a utility crew accidentally severed a nearby Atmos Energy gas line about 50 feet away.
Officials said the victim had been adivsed about the gas leak, but had not been ordered to leave his home in the 500 block of East Main Street .
Dehl is survived by his two sisters and a 12-year-old daughter.
Two firefighters were also injured in the blast, and a number of neighboring properties were damaged.
CCA has scheduled a news conference for Monday morning at 10:30 to discuss the latest developments in the tragedy.