SAFD: Two dogs dead after owner falls asleep with cigarette

SAFD: Two dogs dead after owner falls asleep with cigarette

Credit: KENS 5

SAFD: Two dogs dead after owner falls asleep with cigarette

Print
Email
|

by Kens5.com Staff

khou.com

Posted on January 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Updated Wednesday, Jan 2 at 9:53 AM

SAN ANTONIO -- Two dogs were killed overnight after firefighters say their owner fell asleep with a lit cigarette.

San Antonio firefighters found a woman in her 40s passed out from smoke inhalation inside her home in the 600 block of Rigsby Road.

Firefighters said the woman later admitted that she had been drinking and fell asleep with a cigarette in her hand, which sparked a fire.

The woman was pulled to safety but her house was completely destroyed.

Firefighters said her two dogs were killed in the fire.

Print
Email
|