SeaWorld San Antonio worker dies from electrical shock

SeaWorld San Antonio worker dies from electrical shock

Credit: Gary Cooper / KENS 5

A medical helicopter waits outside SeaWorld San Antonio after a team member was reportedly electrocuted on Aug. 25, 2012.

Print
Email
|

by Kens5.com staff

khou.com

Posted on August 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Updated Monday, Oct 28 at 12:56 AM

SAN ANTONIO – A worker at SeaWorld San Antonio died from apparent electrical shock at the park on Saturday morning, officials confirmed.

The victim's name was not immediately available.

San Antonio police Officer Matt Porter said the victim was electrocuted around noon while servicing the HVAC unit atop the SeaWorld employee café.

The victim allegedly stuck his hand inside the unit to get a measurement. Another employee who was working with the victim told police that he heard a noise, saw a puff of smoke and then found the victim unconcious.

Porter said the victim was removed from the roof and pronounced dead at the scene from apparent electrical shock.

SeaWorld San Antonio issued this statement following the accident:

“The staff at SeaWorld San Antonio is deeply saddened by today’s loss of one of our employees. The incident, which occurred this morning in an employee area, did not involve any other employees, guests or animals. We extend our deepest sympathies to the family."

A medical helicopter landed at SeaWorld around noon but did not trasport anybody to the hospital.

This is a developing story. Check back at Kens5.com as more information becomes available.

Print
Email
|