Nighttime fire damages isle shops

Print
Email
|

by Chris Paschenko/ The Daily News, Malini Basu / KHOU 11 News

khou.com

Posted on November 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

GALVESTON — An apparent electrical fire caused moderate damage inside a Galveston sporting goods and pet supply business, an official said Wednesday.

Galveston firefighters responded at 10:11 p.m. Tuesday to a report of a fire at Ranch & Home, 4512 Broadway. No injuries were reported, said Elizabeth Rogers, a spokeswoman for the city of Galveston.

Storm windows prevented immediate access to the building, but once inside, firefighters quickly put out the blaze, which didn’t reach the attic, Rogers said.

 

Click here to read more from the Galveston County Daily News.

Print
Email
|