HFD: Fire started by woman who fell asleep while smoking

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on January 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Updated Friday, Jan 11 at 12:07 AM

HOUSTON -- Fire officials say a fire in southeast Houston started when a woman fell asleep while smoking.

Fire crews were called to an apartment building on Selinsky Road near Martin Luther King Blvd. Thursday evening.

The woman’s apartment was destroyed. Two other units were heavily damaged and a car caught fire.

There were no injuries, but power to the whole building had to be turned off while crews battled the flames.

Print
Email
|