• Moody Day School will be closed today and Friday.
• St. Mary Catholic School in League City will close at 2 p.m. today and will remain closed Friday.
• The Communities in Schools parent information meeting at Central Middle School will go on as scheduled — unless school is canceled for the Galveston Independent School District.
• Students at Ball High School with parent permission letters will be allowed to leave an hour early to catch Island Transit, which will close at 3:30 p.m. today.
• Friendswood ISD will have early dismissal from all campuses today. All campuses will dismiss students one hour earlier than normal dismissal times.
• All College of the Mainland locations will be closed until 8 a.m. today.
• Seaside Christian Academy will be open today and will be closed Friday.
• La Marque Independent School District will be open today.
• Galveston, Texas City, Dickinson and Santa Fe independent school districts, Shekinah Radiance Abundant Life campus and Ambassadors Preparatory Academy have not made a decision to close but will be monitoring the weather and make decisions this morning.
• Clear Creek Independent School District will remain open; however, all extracurricular activities, including high school musicals and all athletic events, have been canceled for today and Friday.
• The Ball Prep Academy "STEM" Showcase and Class-Walk, which was scheduled for Wednesday, will be rescheduled.
• All extracurricular activities at Crenshaw Elementary and Middle School have been canceled for today and Friday.
• The Ball High School freshman and junior varsity girls softball game versus Brazoswood has been canceled for today.
Hospitals And Clinics
• University of Texas Medical Branch Health and its clinics as of right now will remain open. John Sealy Hospital and the emergency room always are open.
• The grand-opening ceremony previously scheduled for Highland Manor, 301 Newman Road, in La Marque on Friday has been postponed. Call 409-935-3351.
• The Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce’s Women in Business luncheon has been canceled for today.
This story was brought to you thanks to khou.com’s partnership with The Galveston County Daily News.