911 call released in incident where kids were burned by power wire

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff

khou.com

Posted on March 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Updated Tuesday, Mar 5 at 12:39 PM

HARRIS COUNTY -- The 911 call from when two children in north Harris County were almost electrocuted by a live wire has been released.

The 5-year-old girl and her 3-year-old brother were both badly burned in the incident that happened in their backyard on Feb. 17.

Both children were taken to Shriners Hospital in Galveston. They have had skin graft procedures and have lost limbs.

The family is suing CenterPoint claiming they reported the exposed wire two weeks before the incident occurred, and nothing was done.

Print
Email
|