Maine girl's iPhone 5C catches fire in her pocket

Maine girl's iPhone 5C catches fire in her pocket

Maine girl's iPhone 5C catches fire in her pocket

Print
Email
|

by The Associated Press

The Associated Press

Posted on February 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Updated Tuesday, Feb 4 at 10:25 AM

KENNEBUNK, Maine — The "stop, drop and roll" mantra came in handy for a Maine eighth-grader when her cellphone caught fire in her pocket at school.

Kennebunk middle school Principal Jeff Rodman tells The Portland Press Herald that the girl heard a popping sound Friday morning and smoke started billowing around her.

Boys were herded from the room so the 14-year-old girl could shed her flaming pants. She also did the "stop, drop and roll" move to help put out the fire. She was treated at a hospital.

Her mother had given her the Apple iPhone 5C two months earlier.

The girl, who kept the phone in her back pocket, had reportedly sat down right before the fire occurred.

___

Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com

Print
Email
|