Chief: LA officers in manhunt shooting will return

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on February 5, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Updated Thursday, Feb 6 at 12:03 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck says eight officers who mistakenly riddled a pickup truck with bullets during a manhunt for cop-turned-killer Christopher Dorner last year will be allowed to return to the field after they get additional training.

Beck said in a department message to officers obtained by The Associated Press on Wednesday night that the shooting was found to violate department policy, but he has confidence in the officers and their abilities to do their jobs properly.

The officers could have faced penalties including being fired for the shooting.

Police Lt. Andrew Neiman says the officers could face other discipline not outlined in the chief's message, but department policy prevents him from discussing it.

Two women delivering newspapers in the pickup truck were injured in the shooting.

Print
Email
|