CANTON, Texas (AP) — Investigators have blamed a deadly East Texas house explosion on a propane gas line accident.
Van Zandt County Fire Marshal Chuck Allen on Wednesday identified the victim as 63-year-old Rita Armstrong. The explosion happened late Sunday afternoon at a rural home southwest of Canton.
Allen says the fire was accidental as the result of a partially open uncapped propane line at the residence.
Authorities have said the woman was home alone at the time of the explosion.
Canton is 50 miles southeast of Dallas.