Montana woman dies in Texas electrical accident

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on January 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM

TEXAS CITY, Texas (AP) — A Montana woman visiting family in Southeast Texas has died after picking up a lamp from some wet ground and being electrocuted.

The Galveston County Daily News (http://bit.ly/1eA99Ve ) reports the accident happened Sunday night in Texas City.

Fire Marshal Dennis Harris says the victim, whose name and hometown weren't immediately released, was barefoot in a wet yard. A table lamp being used outside was connected to an extension cord plugged into a socket inside the house. Harris says the woman was electrocuted when she touched the lamp.

Inspectors after the accident found electrical work not up to code at the house that had several additions.

Harris had electricity cut to the house following the accident. He says the wiring must meet code requirements before power will be restored.

___

Information from: The Galveston County Daily News, http://www.galvnews.com

Print
Email
|