Man dies following Fort Worth apartment fire

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on January 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A man has died following a North Texas apartment fire that investigators say likely was started by food left cooking on a stove.

The Fort Worth Fire Department on Friday said the fatal fire appears to have been an accident.

Crews late Thursday night responded to a fire in a first-floor unit of the two-story complex. Emergency personnel located an unresponsive man at the burning home. Authorities say the man later died at a Fort Worth hospital. His name wasn't immediately released.

Officials say the fire was limited to the single apartment. No damage estimate was immediately released.

Print
Email
|