MARSHALL, Texas (AP) — A former hotel in East Texas will be used for higher education.
The Marshall News-Messenger (http://bit.ly/1cVsRuI ) reports the Hotel Marshall property has been donated to East Texas Baptist University for its graduate school.
The owners, Jerry and Judy Cargill and Richard and Christina Anderson, on Saturday announced the donation as part of a three-year project to overhaul the structure. The former hotel is expected to be used for offices, classrooms, labs and living areas.
Hotel Marshall was built in 1929 and was the heart of the Marshall, about 140 miles southeast of Dallas, for more than 25 years. Numerous restoration projects in the 1980s and 1990s failed.
The president of ETBU, Samuel "Dub" Oliver, later suggested the property could be used for education.
Information from: Marshall News Messenger, http://www.coxnews.com/marshall.htm