Abuse charge dropped against Iowa State's Palo

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on January 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jan 15 at 12:00 AM

AMES, Iowa (AP) — Prosecutors have dismissed a sexual abuse charge against Iowa State basketball player Bubu Palo, paving the way for him to rejoin the Cyclones.

Palo was suspended from the team in September after being charged with sexually abusing a woman he was driving home in May.

The Story County Attorney's Office announced Monday that new forensic evidence found on the woman's blouse clashed with her and her mother's sworn testimony.

Iowa State said later Monday that Palo had been cleared to resume basketball-related activities.

Palo says he's relieved and that he felt he'd never gotten a chance to defend himself. He says he was raised to do the right thing and "would never make a mistake to this level."

Another man who'd been charged, Spencer Cruise, of Ames, also was cleared.

Print
Email
|